Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Blog

Well, I've been wanting to start a blog for quite sometime now after seeing all of these fabulous blogs on the internet. I figured now would be better than ever because it's a new year, a new decade and time for a new hobby. I'm starting this blog so that I can keep track of my life and remember things because I can be pretty forgetful sometimes. I always say that I will write things down when they happen, but I never stick to it. Since I'm always on the computer, this will be pretty convenient for me. So, welcome to my life blog readers. I 'm looking forward to following new blogs and hope you start to follow mine!

So let me introduce myself . . . I'm Brittany. A 20-something girl living life in Baltimore. I'm currently in school to become an elementary school teacher. I just finished an internship in a 3rd grade classroom and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Interning really helped me to know that teaching is what I am passionate about. I know I should have finished school a couple of years ago, but I decided to take time off from school because I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go in. I'm satisfied with my choice because I know now that I will have a fulfilling career when I am finished school. When I'm not at school, I'm nannying two amazing little girls who make my job far from boring. I actually look forward to going to work. If you have noticed yet, I love children. I still live at home due to financial reasons but I couldn't ask for a better life at home. My family is wonderful.

I do have a boyfriend . . We'll refer to him as M. I'll tell our story sooner or later. Things aren't always easy in this relationship due to him being about 2 1/2 hours away at school. We've managed to keep it going for three years so far but it's tough. Long distance is not for the faint hearted, that's one thing I learned quickly. But, when you love someone, you do all you can to keep things working.

So, while writing this blog, I'm trying to survive school, hold a relationship together, and make things as simple as possible.

A quick look back at the last decade:

2001: Finished my first year of highschool and received my first kiss.
2002: My brother B was born. Great addition to our family.
2003: My dad got re-married.
2004: Graduated high school.
2005: Overall, a very fun year but nothing significant took place.
2006: M & I started dating.
2007: Sadly, my step-grandmother passed away.
2008: I got my fabulous, now spoiled, dog :)
2009: My great-grandmother passed away at 93. Also had my 5-year high school reunion.

P.S. - Happy Birthday Dad ! !

No comments: