I'm jumping on the bandwagon that Leslie at A Blonde Ambition started :) It is similar to the TV show If You Really Knew Me. I have watched the show a few times and I think it's great that it's on TV :)
I figured that if these high school students could bare all to their fellow classmates as well as the world, I could at least let my guard down to the blogging world. So here it goes. Some thing may be a little personal but really, what do I have to hide? If they can do it, I can too.
Unlike Leslie's who's was fun and light-hearted, mine may be a tad more serious.
So . . . If you really knew me:
- You'd know that I still live in the same town I grew up in. I sometimes wish I could just pack up and move away. I want to experience other places and cultures. It could be anywhere, on a farm, in the city, near a desert. I just want to know what it's like to live outside of Maryland and outside of a suburban neighborhood.
- You'd know that I come from a divorced family. My parents seperated at the end of my 7th grade year and divorced when I was in the 8th grade. In 9th grade, my dad sold our home and had a new one built for me, brother, dad's gf and her children. My mom rented a house down the street from our old one so we would still be near our friends. When my dad got married to my step-mom, the amount of tears that came down my face was ridiculous. I was happy for my dad but at the same time, I knew that was the end of my mom and dad. They would never be together again. We would never celebrate birthdays or special moments again. Our family was no more. I was bitter about it for quite sometime. But what 15 year old girl wouldn't be? Looking back, I know the fighting and unhappiness wasn't good for either of them. Had they not gotten divorced, I wouldn't have my little brother. I still wish they were together but things happen the way they're supposed to and I still have two AMAZING parents.
- You'd know I can organize like it's nobody's business :) I'm simply amazing at it. Not to brag or anything. I can organize a closet, room, storage, you name it in probably an hour flat. Every thing WILL have a home. Seeing things out of place drives me nuts! If teaching falls through, I will open my own organizing business. An organized room is a happy room! :)
- You'd know that I am self-conscious but put on a darn good act that I'm not. I walk around like I'm this girl who is so sure of herself while inside, I'm wondering what people are thinking of me. The first day of school always makes me nervous because I want to make the best impression possible and always wonder what people think. Drives me nuts!
- You'd know that I have a huge heart for animals. Seeing one hurt or homeless breaks my heart. Today at work, a cat came to the door and was meowing over and over. I gave him soon food to keep him around until the shelter opened. Sadly, he left and I haven't seen him. I hope he's okay.
- You'd know that I donate to the USO at least twice a year because I have so much respect for the men and women who serve our country. They are MUCH braver that I will ever be. To leave your family and put your life on the line for something you believe in is heroic to me.
- You'd know I'm TERRIFIED of bugs. Actually, saying I'm terrified is putting it lightly. All bugs, especially unknown ones. They freak me out! I can't kill them either because I can't stand to hear the crunching sound. I like lady bugs and butterflies though. That's it.
- You'd know I'm a thrifty shopper. I can't imagine paying a large amount of money for a piece of clothing. I'm not sure what it is but I can't bring myself to do it. Shopping makes me very happy so I like to get my money's worth :)
- You'd know I love reading quotes. My home web page is set to www.holliesquotes.com. She has a quote of the day page along with hundreds of pages filled with quotes ranging from love (sad, happy, misc.), life, movies, music, and friendship. It's awesome. Quotes are so inspirational and as her page says "Quotes get you through the days you think no one knows what you're going through."
Hope this didn't bore you to tears! If you read it in it's entirety, thank you! I think every one should do this :)